Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fawlty Towers

Watch this video from the BBC series Fawlty Towers:



Now answer these questions:

1. Manuel understands un, dos, tres, but Basil had really said ______ ________ ____________
2. Can you find a grammatical mistake when Manuel speaks English?
3. The woman says: “Why did you __________ you could speak ________ ________________?”
4. What Spanish did Basil learn?
5. According to Basil, what Spanish does Manuel speak?

Now, why don't you watch more videos from this series? They're fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hey I'm so glad to see that somethings never change! But you swore a pact to the devil, didn't you?? You both (+ esther) look exactly the same!!
    I keep loving your teaching methods,But hey, you could have done this 15 years ago instead of the hound of the baskervilles!! lol.
    Will you remember who I am??
    Best,
    Sonia M. Valeiras

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes "somethings" is a typographical mistake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I remember you, Miss Mohdeb! Or maybe you're not "Miss" anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well,I guess you will keep calling me Miss for a while!!! haha.

    I thought this video could be interesting,so there go my two cents!

    BBC - My Blackberry is not working!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

    So cool you still remember me.

    ReplyDelete